Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Webquest Reviews

Caitlin Mack’s Impressionism Webquest
http://questgarden.com/85/63/1/090729083734/index.htm

In this Webquest students are asked to look at Impressionist painters and how they painted. This webquest is beautiful. Caitlin spent so much time finding examples of these painters art to show students the differences between the artists in the Impressionist movement. This webquest was complete. Every section had great explanations and artwork. I really have no suggestions for Caitlin’s webquest. The background colors are not distracting, the directions are easy to read and the artwork is amazing.

I think that this webquest would be great for a high school art class. High school art students would enjoy the independence of this assignment. Caitlin has give students numerous artist options that they could do their reports on. I believe that artistic students would enjoy finding an impressionist painter that they could imitate and learn from. My only suggestion is that this assignment might take too long for the amount of time a teacher would like to spend on the impressionist movement.

Katie Swanson’s Latin America Traveler Blog
http://questgarden.com/85/81/3/090801195942/

This is webquest is so creative. Even though it was created for a Spanish class it could be used for a geography, social studies or history class. I would even try using it in my health classes as a way for student to explore other counties and the living/health conditions that they face. The directions for this webquest are easy to follow and I appreciated the screen images so that students knew they were on the right track. This webquest was complete and had great illustrations. My only suggestions for this webquest would be to change the background colors to something less vibrant and to use words as hyperlinks instead of listing the entire link on the page.

I think this webquest is exactly what high school language classes should be about. This webquest gives students the opportunity to plan a possible trip to a Spanish speaking country of their choice. They will learn about the country, landmarks, transportation, lodging and food. I think this is a great way to get students comfortable with the idea of traveling or studying abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment